Oh the pressure of a new year. The media and the wider world lets to put lots of pressure on us to not mess up the new year, like we made such a hot mess of 2017.
But what if it it’s not just about making resolutions, but making actual life goals? The different with this is that it means you’ll make choices which will change your life around for longer than just a year.
The way you can do this, is by setting goals that speak to you for longer than 12 months. Instead it makes more sense to use the next year as a way to build upon your goals and reach bigger goals that you might not be able to in just a year.
So instead, 2018 becomes the year where you start the journey of reaching a life where you don’t feel sad or dejected at the idea of trying to change everything in just 12 months.
So how do you even start this?
By asking yourself the following questions, these will help you to set life-changing goals in the first place.
Questions such as:
- What is my BIG goal that I want to achieve in 5-years time and why do I want to do this?
- What are my current top three talents and top shortcomings?
- What has stopped me working towards this goal before?
- What do I want to feel in my every day life? (Name three feelings)
- What are my life values and how will this serve my goal? (E.g freedom, happiness, honesty)
Once you’ve answered some of these questions, you’re on the path to start understanding your deeper why’s and motives behind doing things.
If you understand your why, you’ll understand the reasons behind your goals and it’s this emotive link which’ll keep you going with your goals in the long term.
If you need help setting your goals and sticking to them, try our 1:1 coaching. Email email@example.com